Competition Terms and Conditions
Photography Competition rules
- The competition is open to UK residents only
- Entries must be submitted between 1 August 2021 and midnight 30 August 2021. Late entries will not be accepted
- Entrants under 18 must have parental or legal guardian consent prior to entering the competition
- All entries may be posted on public view on the @UKNICAOfficial Twitter fee, and the UKNICA LinkedIn feed
- The UK National Innovation Centre for Ageing (UKNICA) accepts no responsibility for entries that are lost or corrupted during upload
- The judge’s decision on all matters affecting this competition is final and legally binding
- The results, and the winner’s name, will be published on the NICA website, @UKNICAOfficial Twitter feed, and the UKNICA LinkedIn feed
- Prizes will be delivered within 28 days of the closing date
- There is no cash alternative to the competition prize
- Any winner who has not responded to the notification within 21 days will forfeit their prize; a replacement winner will be selected from other entrants.
UKNICA may retain your contribution and may choose to display your entry on a website. UKNICA may also publish your contribution in other promotional media. UKNICA reserves the right to remove contributions that it considers to be contrary to the spirit of the terms and conditions of submission, including submissions it considers to be objectionable or that violate copyright. UKNICA reserves the right to edit and alter submissions.
Terms and Conditions
By submitting your contribution to the UKNICA you agree to be legally bound by these terms and conditions; By submitting any contribution to the UKNICA (including any text, photographs, graphics, video or audio) you agree to grant the UKNICA a perpetual, royalty–free, non–exclusive, world–wide licence to use, reproduce, modify, adapt, publish, translate, create derivative works from, distribute, perform, display and exercise all copyright and publicity rights with respect to your contribution, and/or to incorporate your contribution in other works, in any media now known or later developed for the full term of any rights that may exist in your contribution.
By submitting any contribution you agree the UKNICA may use the material for any purpose and in any way it chooses, including, but not limited to, developing, manufacturing and marketing products. Any contribution you provide shall be non–confidential; Any contribution must be your own original work, it must not infringe the rights of third parties including copyright, trademark, trade secrets, privacy, publicity, personal or proprietary rights.
If your contribution features other people who are recognisable, you are responsible for ensuring that you have their permission for the contribution to be treated according to the uses set out above. Contributions featuring children under 18 can only be accepted if you are the parent or guardian; by accepting these terms and conditions you warrant that you are the parent or guardian and that you grant permission for the contribution to be treated according to the uses set out above. You agree to waive any moral rights in your contribution for the purpose of its submission to and publication on the UKNICA website and the other purposes specified above.
The UKNICA reserves the right to edit, adapt, move or delete any contribution accepted. We will try to credit authors where possible, but may not always do so; Save as expressly provided for in these terms UKNICA shall not be liable for any direct, indirect or consequential loss or damage or for any costs, claims or demands of any nature whatsoever arising directly or indirectly out of the use of your contribution or any part thereof. These Terms and Conditions (as amended from time to time) constitute the entire agreement between you and the UKNICA concerning your contribution to “Positive Ageing Photography Competition”.